Discovery Place is an excellent non-profit organization to advance your career in Child Care. With competitive wages, benefits packages, and professional staff, Discovery Place offers support to each staff in securing a solid work/life balance. Become an important part of our Discovery Team!
We welcome resumes and cover letters to be submitted for general openings at any time to Executive Directors, Terri Wittke and Sherri Gow: email@example.com
For specific job openings, please refer to postings below. Thank you for your interest, but please keep in mind that only those participants who meet qualifications will be contacted.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY - pROGRAM dIRECTOR AT dR. lILA fAHLMAN
Job Type: Permanent, full-time position
Wage: $24 per hour (plus wage enhancement)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Imagine a career where you can positively impact the future of children. If you are an advocate for children who has the ability to inspire and lead a team then we have a position for you!
Discovery Place Out-of-School Care and Preschool is seeking a self motivated, caring and enthusiastic individual to ensure the implementation of the programs policies and procedures.
The Program Director is responsible for coaching, developing and supporting their team to deliver quality programs that are aligned with Discovery's strategic plan.
To be successful at Discovery you have:
- Minimum 1 years management/supervisory experience is an asset
- Strong leadership and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in leading, coaching and cultivating a work environment of collaboration and teamwork
- Displays passion, enthusiasm and commitment to Discovery's mission, vision and core values
- Availability between 7 AM and 6 PM
- Must be certified as a Child Development Supervisor
- Current Childcare First Aid and CPR
- Current Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Must be physically agile, highly energetic and be able to work bot indoors and outdoors
- College Diploma or university Degree in Early Childhood Education or certified teaching degre
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- passion for working with children
- strong understanding of accreditation
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sheryl Gow. firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY - Summer student child care educator position
Supportive Child Care Position - Out of School Care
Job Type: Full time (May to August 2018)
We are looking for a creative and caring Child Care Educator for our summer programming at all 4 of our sites with out of school care. A successful candidate will have a strong voice in the classroom, patience with groups of various age-ranges, fresh ideas to enhance programming, and a child care level 2 or 3 from the Provincial Child Care Certification.
The position is working with children between the ages of 5 and 12 for their summer program. The hours range from 7:00am - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday (either for the afternoon or morning shift).
Access to a vehicle is an asset, as bus routes to the new developments, where most of our schools are located, are often delayed.
Applications must include resume, cover letter, and proof of provincial certification. Additionally, applicants must include proof of continued education for their post-secondary institution (including student ID).
Please e-mail the Discovery Place Centre Director for the site that you are interested in working at. Please refer to the "Our Centres" tab to select centre of your choice.